QNAP QBoat Sunny
An ark to ferry your IoT devices and applications
Sorry, this product is no longer available, please contact us for a replacement.
- QBoat Sunny Single Board Computer
- 1 x Ethernet Cable
- Quick Installation Guide (QIG)
- AC Adapter
- Power Cord
- Wall Mount Kit
- M.2 Screw Kit
- 2 x M.2 SSD Heat Sink
An ark to ferry your IoT devices and applications
The QBoat Sunny is a dedicated single-board Internet of Things (IoT) mini server for IoT developers and provides high expandability for connecting many IoT devices. Featuring Container Station and QIoT Suite Lite, the QBoat Sunny allows you to seamlessly manage and monitor your IoT applications, devices, and data for a streamlined and highly efficient IoT development experience. In the era of IoT, the QBoat Sunny is the ark to ferry your IoT devices and applications, and act as a private and/or public server/gateway.
Two M.2 SATA SSDs (2260 and 2280 lengths) are supported for flexible and high-performance storage needs.
Two USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports and a M.2 A key slot are provided for USB dongles or M.2 modules (2230 length). Wireless capabilities can be added for connecting more IoT devices.
The powerful AL-314 processor with 2GB RAM are used and various interfaces are provided for combining many IoT devices and applications.
The App Center provided by the QTS Lite operating system offers users with numerous developer tools for building a smooth and high-performance working environment.
Container Station is a lightweight and easy-to-use virtualization platform for users to build personalized IoT applications with Docker and LXC.
Based on popular open-source packages like Node-RED and Freeboard, the exclusive QIoT Suite Lite provides various useful modules and out-of-the-box functionality to accelerate IoT development and service processes.
The first single-board IoT mini server/gateway for developers
The QBoat Sunny is the first single-board IoT mini server by QNAP. Measuring only 12cm x 12cm (without heatsink), the development board-like design can be effortlessly installed for almost any type of IoT application, while providing several interfaces for connecting to development boards and devices. Rule engine criteria and subsequent actions can be processed locally for you to create a small-scale/private IoT application with minimal costs. The QBoat Sunny can also reduce bandwidth and cloud processing costs of large scale/public IoT solutions by using it as a fog computing server/gateway to filter and relay data to public clouds.
Compact and powerful
The QBoat Sunny is powered by a high-performance AL-314 quad-core processor with 2 GB RAM and comes with multiple expansion slots and interfaces to satisfy all your IoT development needs. The QTS Lite operating system also provides all the functionality needed for your IoT environments.
QTS Lite operating system carries all IoT applications
QTS Lite is a streamlined and thin version of QNAP's award-winning QTS operating system. QTS Lite provides Container Station to run containerized applications; myQNAPcloud for remote connectivity; Hybrid Backup Sync for backup and synchronization needs; and Network & Virtual Switch for managing network connections and linking containers, networks and the QBoat Sunny. QTS Lite also features App Center for adding more features and functionality.
Migrate existing environments to QBoat Sunny using Container Station
If you have already set up an IoT environment, it can be easily migrated to the QBoat Sunny with container virtualization. Container Station is compatible with Docker and LXC containers and allows you to seamlessly transfer your existing applications to the QBoat Sunny and to further enhance and expand your IoT environment.
Simplified development with QIoT Suite Lite
QIoT Suite Lite integrates multiple easy-to-use and useful applications for you to quickly build an ideal IoT environment. Versatile protocols (such as MQTT(S), HTTP(S) and CoAP) and dashboards are available for you to integrate development boards and sensors to build a complete IoT ecosystem. If you're new to the immerse IoT domain, the QIoT Suite Lite will be your excellent choice.
|CPU||Annapurna Labs AL-314, 4-core,1.7GHz|
|System Memory||2 GB DDR3L (On-board)|
|Flash Memory||512MB NAND|
|Drive Compatibility||M.2 SATA SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s and 3 Gb/s|
|M.2 SSD Slot||2 x M key 2260/2280 types|
|Other slot||1 x M.2 A key 2230 type (wireless module)|
|USB Port||2 x USB 3.1 Gen1 Type A|
|Gigabit Ethernet Port||3 x RJ45|
|Audio|| 1 x 3.5mm Audio-out jack
1 x 3.5mm Audio-in jack
|Maintenance Port||1 x 3.5mm jack|
|LED Indicators||System Status, SSD0, SSD1, User Defined, Wirelwss Module|
|Real-Time Clock (RTC)||V (with one CR2032 battery and one additional power port)|
|Buttons||Power, System Reset|
|Form Factor||System Development Board with Heatsink Base|
|Dimensions (H x W x D)|| 5.67 x 4.96 x 1.32 inch
144 x 126 x 33.5 mm
(Heat Sink Included)
|Weight|| Net: 1.08 lbs (0.49 kg)
Gross: 2.31 lbs (1.05 kg)
|Power Consumption (W)|| SSD Idle: 9.49 W
In operation: 13.31 W
|Operating Temperature & Relative Humidity||0 to 35˚C, 5 to 95%, non-condensing, wet bulb temperature: 27˚C|
|Power Supply Unit||External, 12V, 36W|
|Fan||1 x connector for 4-wire fan|
|Operating System||QTS Lite 4.3.3 (embedded Linux)|
|Power Management|| 1. Wake on LAN
2. Scheduled power on/off
3. Automatic power on after power recovery
|Supported Client OS|| 1. Windows 7 (32/64-bit), Windows 8 (32/64-bit), Windows 10 (32/64-bit)
2. Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2 and 2016
3. Apple Mac OS X 4. Linux & UNIX
|Storage Management|| 1. Storage space utilization monitoring
2. SMART data migration
3. SSD read-only or read-write cache
Note: The cache size depends on the total memory.
4. Bad block scan and hard drive S.M.A.R.T.
|Supported Browsers|| 1. Microsoft Internet Explorer 10+
2. Mozilla Firefox 8+
3. Apple Safari 4+
4. Google Chrome
|File System|| 1. Internal Hard Drive: EXT4
2. External Hard Drive: EXT3, EXT4, NTFS, HFS+
|Networking|| 1. TCP/IP (IPv4 & IPv6: Dual Stack)*
2. NICs with jumbo frame (failover, multi-IP settings, port trunking/NIC teaming)
3. Service binding based on network interfaces
4. Proxy client
|Access Right Management|| 1. Batch user creation
2. Import/Export users
3. User quota management
4. Local user access control for CIFS, AFP, FTP, and WebDAV
5. Subfolder permissions support for CIFS/SMB, AFP, FTP, and File Station management
|Web Administration|| 1. Multi-window, multi-tasking based system management
2. Smart toolbar and dashboard for neat system status display
3. Dynamic DNS (DDNS)
4. SNMP (v2 & v3)
5. Resource monitor
6. Network recycle bin for file deletion via CIFS/SMB, AFP, and File Station - Automatic Cleanup - File Type Filter
7. Comprehensive logs (events & connection)
8. Syslog client/server
9. System settings backup and restore
|Security|| 1. Network access protection with auto-blocking: SSH, Telnet, HTTP(S), FTP, CIFS/SMB, AFP
2. CIFS host access control for shared folders
3. FIPS 140-2 validated AES 256-bit volume-based and shared folder data encryption*
4. AES 256-bit external drive encryption
5. Importable SSL certiﬁcates 6. Instant alert via E-mail, SMS, beep,and push service 7. 2-step veriﬁcation Note: Data encryption functions may be unavailable in accordance with the legislative restrictions of some countries.
|Domain Authentication Integration|| 1. Microsoft Active Directory (AD) & Domain Controller support
2. LDAP server, LDAP client
3. Domain users login via CIFS/SMB, AFP, FTP, and File Station
|Resource Monitor|| 1. Monitor NAS system resources including CPU, memory and network.
2. Monitor the resource usage of NAS applications.
|Multilingual Support||Chinese (Traditional & Simpliﬁed), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish|
|myQNAPcloud Service|| 1. Private cloud storage and sharing
2. Free host name registration (DDNS)
3. Supports myQNAPcloud SSL certiﬁcates (DDNS)
4. Auto router conﬁguration (via UPnP)
5. Web-based ﬁle manager with HTTPS 2048-bit encryption 6. CloudLink for remote access without any complicated router setup 7. myQNAPcloud connect for easy VPN connection (Windows VPN utility)
|Helpdesk|| 1. Report issues to the QNAP support team, with automatically-collected system information.
2. Allows QNAP support engineers to remotely connect to the NAS to fix issues (with user permission).
|File Server|| 1. File sharing across Windows, Mac, and Linux/UNIX
2. Windows ACL
3. Advanced folder permissions for CIFS/SMB, AFP, FTP
4. Shared folder aggregation (CIFS/SMB) monitoring & management
|Storage Plug & Connect||Creating and mapping shared folders by QNAP Windows Qﬁnder Pro|
|FTP Server|| 1. FTP over SSL/TLS (Explicit)
2. FXP support
3. Passive ftp port range control
|QIoT Suite Lite|| 1. Support models: 2GB RAM or more, QTS Lite 4.3.3
2. Create IoT Application with Multiple Things, Single Rule and Single Dashboard with Things Management, Thing Type Management, etc.
3. QIoT Device gateway supporting protocols such as MQTT/MQTTS, HTTP/HTTPS/ CoAP.
4. QIoT Rule engine based on Node-Red with custom QIoT Nodes.
|QUSBCam2|| 1. Turn USB Camera into IP Camera.
2. Support UVC (USB video device class) USB Camera.
3. Support MJPEG Format.
4. Support RTSP Url for getting the live stream of camera.
|Hybrid Backup Sync|| 1. Cloud storage backup to Amazon S3, Amazon Glacier, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Storage, Openstack Swift, WebDAV, and HKBN
2. Cloud storage syncing with Microsoft OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox, Amazon Drive, Yandex Disk, Box, hubiC, BackBlaze B2, Amazon S3, and HiDrive
3. RTRR server & client with bandwidth control
4. Rsync server with download bandwidth control
|Container Station|| 1. Supports LXC and Docker
2. Supports CPU/Memory management
3. Download applications from the built-in Docker Hub Registry
4. Supports one-click installation, container export/import & console mode
|File Station|| 1. Supports mounting a Cloud Drive (such as Google Drive, Dropbox, Microsoft OneDrive, Amazon Cloud Drive, Yandex Disk and Box).
2. Supports mounting remote shared folders through FTP, WebDAV or Microsoft networking (SMB/CIFS)
3. Supports opening documents via Ofﬁce Online, Google Docs or Chrome Extension (Edit Ofﬁce ﬁles in Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides)
4. Supports ISO Mounting (Up to 256 ISO Files)
|QVPN Service (Integrated VPN Server, VPN Client and L2TP/IPSec VPN Services)|| 1. VPN Server: Secure remote access with PPTP、L2TP/IPSec & OpenVPN VPN services.
2. VPN Server: Up to 100 clients.
3. VPN Server: Supports domain users as VPN users.
4. VPN Client: Supports PPTP, L2TP/IPSec & OpenVPN VPN protocols.
|App Center||Ofﬁcial and community software add-ons such as Cloudlink, JRE, Perl, Python, Node.js, Connect to Cloud Drive and Malware Remover|
Note: Use only QNAP memory modules to maintain system performance and stability. For NAS devices with more than one memory slot, use QNAP modules with identical specifications. Warning: Using unsupported modules may degrade performance, cause errors, or prevent the operating system from starting.
* Sound Level Test Environment: Refer to ISO 7779; Maximum HDD loaded; Bystander Position; Average data from 1 meter in front of operating NAS.
Designs and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Download the QNAP QBoat Sunny Datasheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.