Dual Thunderbolt™ 3 ports, coupled with M.2 SSD caching and 10GBASE-T connectivity
Sorry, this product is no longer available, Please contact us for a replacement.
Featuring dual Thunderbolt™ 3 ports, coupled with M.2 SSD caching and 10GBASE-T connectivity, the TS-453BT3 provides an ideal environment for professional collaborative media editing and high-speed file sharing. The TS-453BT3 features a sleek new look with an OLED panel and two capacitive touch buttons. With powerful hardware capabilities and feature-rich productivity tools, the TS-453BT3 provides the best NAS solution for media studios or small creative workgroups looking to greatly simplify their workflows.
- TS-453BT3 SAN/NAS/DAS Storage System
- 2 x Ethernet Cables
- AC Adapter
- 1 x Power Cord
- 12 x Flat Head Screws (for 2.5" HDD)
- Quick Installation Guide (QIG)
- Infrared (IR) Remote Control
- High-speed Thunderbolt 3 with SMB protocol, allowing Mac and Windows users to collaborate on media editing.
- Dual M.2 SATA 6 Gb/s SSD allows for setting up caching or storage pool, improving file access efficiency.
- 10GbE connectivity accelerates virtualization applications and file sharing across devices.
- Qtier™ auto-tiering technology and SSD caching enable 24/7 optimized storage efficiency
- 4K media playback and real-time transcoding; directly view creative works on an HDTV via HDMI output.
- Qfiling automates file organization, greatly improving work efficiency.
Runs Faster with Thunderbolt™ 3 and 10GbE Connectivity
Powered by an Intel® Celeron® J3455 quad-core 1.5GHz processor (burst up to 2.3 GHz), with up to 8GB DDR3L RAM, dual Gigabit LAN ports, and SATA 6Gb/s drives, the TS-453BT3 delivers up to 683 MB/s read/write speeds and up to 683 MB/s with AES-NI encryption, delivering high performance while also maintaining the security of your data. The Thunderbolt 3 port runs up to 514 MB/s, allowing for quick file access. You can also connect USB Type-C devices through the Thunderbolt 3 ports to transfer large media files across devices, brining you a more efficient workflows.
Tested in QNAP Labs. Figures may vary by environment.
- 10GbE Transfer
- Test Environment:
- OS：QTS 4.3.3
- Volume type: RAID 0; 4 x Intel SSDSC2BB240G4 SSD
- Client PC:
- Windows 10, Intel® Core™ i7-6700 3.4 GHz, 32GB RAM, QNAP LAN-10G2T-X550
- Thunderbolt 3 Transfer
- Test Environment:
- OS：QTS 4.3.3
- Volume type: RAID 0; 4 x Intel SSDSC2BB240G4 SSD
- Client PC:
- MacBook Pro, Intel® Core™ i7 2.9GHz CPU, macOS 10.12.6, 16GB RAM.
- AJA System Test 12.4.3, SMB protocol, single 16GB file (disk caching turned off), resolution 5120x2700 5K RED and 10-bit YUV codec.
Collaboration Station for Mac and Windows
TS-453BT3 is the perfect match for users with Thunderbolt 3 Mac and can also be used with Thunderbolt 2 Mac by using a suitable adapter. The increased bandwidth of Thunderbolt 3 enables smooth video editing and faster file sharing for photographers, video editors and graphic designers. Up to 2 Thunderbolt devices can be connected to the TS-453BT3 to process real-time photo and audio editing simultaneously without impacting system performance. As Final Cut Pro® X 10.3 supports file sharing via SMB, Windows users and other devices utilizing Thunderbolt™ 3, 10GbE or GbE connections can join the editing workflow more efficiently.
Note: Thunderbolt cables are sold separately. Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 converters may not be compatible with certain Windows PC models.
Note: For professional collaborative video editing, it is recommended to use TVS-x82T series NAS.
Direct Access to 10GbE Network from Your Mac
The innovative Thunderbolt-to-Ethernet converter (T2E) allows your Mac® devices to access 10GbE networks via the TS-453BT3, providing flexible, convenient and highly-efficient data transfer without needing to buy extra adapters or converters.
Note: T2E transmission speed may be affected when using a virtual switch. QNAP aims to continue improving and optimizing T2E performance.
Greater Efficiency with SSD Caching and 10GbE Connectivity
The pre-installed dual-port M.2 SATA SSD/10GBASE-T expansion card* enables caching or Qtier auto-tiering technology to improve NAS performance without occupying disk bays of the NAS.
The 10GBASE-T port ensures that the TS-453BT3 meets 10GbE infrastructure requirements and can efficiently manage data transfers requiring high-bandwidth.
*The included QM2 expansion card is customized for use with the TS-453BT3 only. When used with other QNAP NAS, only the 10GBASE-T functionality will work.
Simple, Sleek and Trendy Look
The TS-453BT3 features a sliding cover design with tool-less 3.5-inch hard drive installation, making it easier for you to set up and maintain. The OLED front panel displays system information (including CPU temperatures, fan speed, and storage capacities of hard drives, volumes and LUN), allowing you to quickly view overall system status. Dust-proof capacitive touch buttons allow you to easily wake up the screen, change network IP settings and host password or even restart and shut down the system.
Complete Backup Solution for Peace of Mind
QNAP provides reliable and flexible backup and disaster recovery solutions to help businesses and organizations perform daily data backup tasks for computers, VM, and other devices in a highly-efficient way.
- Windows® and Mac® backup Use the free QNAP NetBak Replicator to backup/restore data on a Windows® computer. For Mac® devices, backup tasks can be performed with Time Machine® support.
- Hybrid Backup Sync With integrated data backup, restore and synchronization (using RTRR, rsync, FTP, CIFS/SMB protocols), Hybrid Backup Sync helps you easily backup or synchronize data on the TS-453BT3 to other QNAP NAS, remote servers or cloud storage.
- Snapshots for volume/LUN Snapshots help protect your data and block-level snapshots provide even faster backup and restoration, helping to mitigate the effects of malware or a ransomware attack. The TS-453BT3 supports up to 256 snapshots for both volume and LUN, and up to 1,024 snapshots per volume and LUN.
- Backup for virtual machines The TS-453BT3 provides high potential storage capacity. With its high performance and integrated virtualization applications, support for popular third-party virtualization solutions, snapshots to record complete system VM status, the TS-453BT3 provides an ideal solution for backing up VMs.
QTS - The Intelligent and Intuitive NAS Operating System
With multiple applications and functions, QTS enhances management efficiency, personal productivity, multimedia, and much more. The user-friendly QTS features an intelligent desktop that allows you to find desired functions quickly, monitor important system information on a real-time basis, open multiple application windows to run multiple tasks concurrently with greater working efficiency, and provides a built-in App Center with install-on-demand apps to extend NAS functionality. Empowered by intelligent agent services that simplify system operations and management, QTS breaks down barriers of devices, platforms, and geography to provide you with the optimum cloud experience.
File Sharing and Synchronization
The TS-453BT3 supports SMB, NFS and AFP, allowing you to quickly share files to Windows®, Mac®, and Linux®/UNIX® devices. With QNAP's Qsync app, the TS-453BT3 becomes a safe data center for file synchronization with huge storage potential. Any file uploaded to TS-453BT3 can be synchronized to all the linked devices such as computers, laptops and mobile devices. You can also sync shared folders to increase the flexibility of collaboration and file sharing.
Directly View Multimedia
By connecting the TS-453BT3 to a HDTV or AV receiver via the HDMI output, you can directly view multimedia content saved on TS-453BT3 on a bigger screen. You can download and install versatile multimedia apps from Ubuntu Software Center through QNAP Linux Station. QNAP's HD Station also allows users to directly enjoy multimedia using HD Player or third-party players such as Plex Home Theater.
Qsirch Finds What You Need
Qsirch is QNAP's full-text search engine that can quickly find desired files on your NAS. Qsirch can search through over 6,000 file formats and can use over 30 search conditions. Recommended or similar files are also displayed in the search preview page based on set keywords and conditions. Professional photographers can even search files through the camera’s lens type, greatly shortening time in finding files and can spend more time concentrating on editing.
Real-time Transcoding for an Excellent Cross-device Media Experience
Featuring advanced 9th-generation Intel® HD Graphics, the TS-453BT3 supports dual-channel 4K H.264/H.265 hardware decoding and real-time transcoding, allowing you to convert videos to universal file formats that can be smoothly played on multiple devices*.
*The TS-453BT3’s hardware provides H.264/H.265 hardware decoding, encoding and transcoding capabilities. However, playback quality may vary due to factors including playback software, file formats, system usage, and available bandwidth.
Get Things Done with One Button
The TS-453BT3 provides a free Remote Control (RM-IR004). You can customize the actions of individual buttons of your QNAP remote control using QButton, such as viewing a preset surveillance channel in Surveillance Station, providing you with convenient control of your multimedia experience.
*The TS-453BT3 offers 4 free IP camera channels and you can expand up to 40 channels by purchasing additional licenses.
NAS as a Multi-OS Platform
Virtualization Station and Container Station bring comprehensive solution for virtualization environment deployment. You can count on QNAP virtualization apps to easily find a suitable solution tailored to your specific requirement.
- Virtualization Station allows you to run multiple Windows®, Linux®, UNIX® and Android™ virtual machines on TS-453BT3. You can use Virtual Network Computing (VNC) through a browser to manage the VMs. It’s ideal for organizations to run multiple applications on a single NAS.
- Container Station integrates LXC and Docker® lightweight virtualization technologies. You can download apps from the built-in Docker Hub® to easily import/export container apps and manage access control, enjoying the benefit of easy installation, transferability and high-efficiency.
More Productivity Applications
- IFTTT Agent IFTTT allows you to freely connect your QNAP NAS with useful apps and gives you the ability to create user-defined rules/tasks.
- QmailAgent Centrally manage and check multiple email accounts on one platform. You can also backup all the emails on NAS for higher confidentiality.
- Browser Station Enables remote access through NAS browsers to access local LAN resources without going through complex VPN setting.
- DJ2 Live Live Broadcasting through QNAP NAS, while also streaming to public clouds. The footage is saved directly to the NAS for later playback.
- QIoT Suite Lite Combines the security and large capacity of QNAP NAS while providing an IoT solution on a private cloud. It only takes three steps to quickly deploy your own IoT application.
- Mobile Apps Simplifies file access, NAS management, multimedia experience, surveillance, and download tasks on mobile devices with QNAP apps.
Easy Storage Expansion
You need an easy solution to increase storage capacity when running out of space. QNAP provides several ways to expand your NAS storage as needed to accommodate data or business growth.
- Upgrade RAID Capacity Hot swap lower capacity drives with larger capacity drives so that your QNAP NAS can grow with your business.
- Attach Expansion Enclosure The TS-453BT3 can connect with up to 6 TX-800P or TX-500P Thunderbolt 2 expansion enclosures; or 1 UX-800P or UX-500P USB 3.0 expansion enclosure.*
- VJBOD Use VJBOD (Virtual JBOD) to expand your storage capacity by using the unused storage of another QNAP NAS. Up to 8 QNAP NAS can be mounted as local disks on the TS-453BT3.**
- Migrate to a New NAS Install your NAS hard drives into a larger QNAP NAS with more drive bays and retain all your existing data and configurations.
*Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter is required for connecting Thunderbolt™ 2 expansion enclosures.
**The remote QNAP NAS must support iSCSI and Storage Pools and use QTS 4.2.1 (or newer).
|System Memory||8 GB RAM (2 x 4 GB DDR3L)|
|Maximum Memory||8 GB (2 x 4 GB)|
|Memory Slot||2 x SODIMM DDR3L|
|Drive Bay||4 x SATA 6 Gbps|
|M.2 SSD Slot||2 x M.2 2280 SATA 6 Gbp/s SSD|
|SSD Cache Acceleration Support||
|10 Gigabit Ethernet Port||1 x 10GBASE-T RJ-45|
|Gigabit Ethernet Port||2 x RJ45|
|Thunderbolt Port||2 x Thunderbolt 3|
|USB Port||2 x HDMI 1.4b (up to 3840 x 2160 resolution at 30 Hz)|
Note: You cannot use the speakers and the line-out jack simultaneously.
|Display Panel||Monochrome OLED display with capacitive sensing Enter and Select buttons|
|USB One Touch Copy||Front: USB 3.0 Type-A|
|IR sensor||QNAP RM-IR004 remote control (MCE compatible)|
|Dimensions (H x W x D)||168 x 170 x 226 mm
6.61 x 6.69 x 8.90 inch
|Net Weight||2.51 kg (5.53 lbs)|
|Power Suply Unit||120W, 100-240V AC, 50/60Hz|
|Fan||System: 1 x 12 mm|
|Operating Temperature & Relative Humidity||0 to 40˚C (32 to 104˚F), 5 to 95% non-condensing, wet-bulb 27˚C (80.6˚F)|
|Security Slot||Kensington security slot|
Note: Use only QNAP memory modules to maintain system performance and stability. For NAS devices with more than one memory slot, use QNAP modules with identical specifications. Warning: Using unsupported modules may degrade performance, cause errors, or prevent the operating system from starting.
* Sound Level Test Environment: Refer to ISO 7779; Maximum HDD loaded; Bystander Position; Average data from 1 meter in front of operating NAS.
Designs and specifications are subject to change without notice.
|Operating System||QTS 4.3 (embedded Linux)|
|Supported Client Operating Systems||
|Supported Languages||Chinese (traditional and simplified), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, and Turkish|
|Supported File Systems||
|Network & Virtual Switch||
Note: This feature does not support ad hoc networks because of safety considerations.
Note: This feature requires 4 GB of system memory.
|Access Rights Management||
Note: The maximum number of sync tasks is 32.
|Hybrid Backup Sync||
|Cloud Drive Sync||
|Cloud Backup Station||
Note: This feature is available only for x86-based models.
|iTunes Server||Audio and video sharing for Windows & Mac iTunes|
Note: Docker containers support Bridge, NAT, and Host mode. Linux containers (LXC) support only NAT.
|iSCSI (IP SAN)||
Note: The maximum total number of targets is 256.
Note: This feature is supported only by Intel and AMD-based NAS devices that has PCIe slot and compatible with Mellonox NICs.
Note: The maximum number of virtual disk drives is eight.
Note: The application supports a maximum of 40 camera channels. You can purchase additional licenses on the QNAP website.
Note: QVPN combines an integrated VPN Server, a VPN client, and L2TP/IPSec VPN services.
|Q’center (NAS CMS)||
Note: The application is available in the App Center and in virtual appliance marketplaces (VMware vSphere ESXi and Microsoft Hyper-V).
Note: Microphones are not included.
|AirPlay & Chromecast||
Note: You must install the Media Streaming add-on app from the QTS App Center.
|Notes Station 3||
|HD (HybridDesk) Station 3.13||
Note: The decoding capability of the CPU and graphics card may affect playback of some video files.
Note: The application requires at least 4 GB of memory and installation of Container Station.